Please note: Enrollment queries and forms sent by email should be addressed to

Applying for Enrollment

If you wish to apply for tribal membership for yourself (or your children or relatives), please download an Application for Tribal Enrollment form (below):

» Application for Tribal Enrollment

Fill out the form and return to the address below:

Delaware Tribal Enrollment
5100 Tuxedo Blvd
Bartlesville, OK 74006

Be sure to note the documents that need to accompany the application. Applications for minors must also include a copy of a state or federally issued ID or drivers license of at least one parent or guardian. It is very important to fill out the ancestry chart as completely as possible, as this will enable us to assess your eligibility.

If you mail us the form, please make sure to have your signature notarized; notary services should be available locally, just check your bank or county courthouse if you do not know where to go. If you bring the form to the enrollment office in Bartlesville, leave it unsigned until you arrive and we can notarize it for you.

As of January 1, 2014, a $10.00 fee is assessed for the return of official documents (birth certificates, etc.) by postal mail to cover costs. In order to protect our citizens, we can only send these via certified mail. If the fee is not received the documents will be stored in the applicant’s permanent file, or they can be picked up in person at no charge with proper ID.

Photo IDs and Replacement Cards

Photo IDs are now available!

Photo IDs are now readily available to tribal members. You may come into the Enrollment Office to obtain one or mail the down-loadable application to the address below.

» Application for Photo Identification Card

The applications recieved by mail must be notarized and be accompanied by a photocopy of your state or federally issued ID or drivers license, and a passport photo.

Delaware Tribal Enrollment
5100 Tuxedo Blvd
Bartlesville, OK 74006

Please read the form carefully to make sure that we can get your card processed quickly and easily. Wanishi!

Lost or Replacement Cards

Please contact the Tribal Enrollment Office (918-337-6570 or lfall-leaf@delawaretribe.org) if you lose your enrollment card. As stated on the Application for Photo ID Card, your first card is free of charge; replacement cards will cost $10 each.

Address Changes

If you have moved, please make sure that the Enrollment Office has your current address. This is VERY important so that we can send you election ballots, issues of the Delaware Indian News, and information about other services and programs.

Send any changes of addresses by email to: updates@delawaretribe.org.

You can also download a Change of Address Form below and send it to our offices at:

Delaware Tribal Enrollment
5100 Tuxedo Blvd
Bartlesville, OK 74006

» Change of Address Form

Veterans Survey

If you are a veteran and a Delaware tribal member, the Enrollment Department wants to hear from you.

We want to expand our veteran’s services and to let you know what is available. To do so, we need to create a list of all our veterans and get a little basic information.

If you are willing to participate, download and print the form below. If you wish, you can fill it out online and then print it; otherwise just write it your information. You can bring it into the tribal offices or mail it to:

Delaware Tribe of Indians
ATTN:Veterans Services
5100 Tuxedo Blvd
Bartlesville, OK 74006


» Veterans Survey Form

CDIB Cards and Cherokee Enrollment

CDIB cards must be obtained from the Cherokee Enrollment Office. The link for the application form is below:

» CDIB Application Form

Note that these applications must be returned to Cherokee Nation, NOT to Delaware Tribal Enrollment Dept.

All Delaware members are also eligible to enroll with the Cherokee Nation in ADDITION to our own. The link to do so is below:

» Cherokee Enrollment Application Form

Eagle Parts and Feathers Permits and Requests

These permits should be filled out and sent to the Enrollment Department for certification of membership. Applications are then RETURNED TO THE MEMBER for submission to the National Park Service. THEY ARE NOT AUTOMATICALLY SENT NOT ON to NPS.

It is illegal for any individual to possess a bald or golden eagle, including its parts (feathers, feet, etc). The distribution of bald and golden eagles, and their parts to Native Americans is authorized by the Bald and Golden Eagle Protection Act and Regulations found in 50 CFR 22. Qualified Native Americans wishing to obtain bald or golden eagles or their parts, must submit a new application for a new applicant and if you have applied before using a re-order request application to the U. S. Fish and Wildlife Service, Wildlife Permit Office which services the state where the applicant resides. The completed application is sent to the National Eagle Repository and the order is filled on a first come, first serve basis. In 1995, there were approximately 3,000 more approved applications for eagles on file than there were available eagles.

» Eagle Parts and Feathers Application Process

Lenape Hach Ki? — Are You A Lenape?

The Delaware Tribe’s official website was established several years ago, one purpose being to respond to the numerous e-mail inquiries about genealogy and tribal membership. Some are from people in the eastern part of the United States in the old Lenape (Delaware Indian) homeland. Often the messages will say, “I was told by my grandparents that our family has Lenape blood and we always lived in the East. Would you look them up and see if I am part Lenape?”

We wish there was a master roll of everyone who has any degree of Lenape blood and their ancestors, but there is not. Our rolls only go back in time to 1862 when our own ancestors, on their forced exodus from the East, were living in Kansas.

In order to be enrolled on our tribal roll, your ancestor(s) by blood must have been living in Indian Territory (now Oklahoma) in 1906, and enrolled on our official tribal base roll which was made at that time. This is a requirement set forth by the Bureau of Indian Affairs, and follows THE CODE OF FEDERAL REGULATIONS, PART 83 — PROCEDURES FOR ESTABLISHING THAT AN AMERICAN INDIAN GROUP EXISTS AS AN INDIAN TRIBE.

We are sorry that we cannot be of help to many of you who think you might have Lenape blood, but there are no sources of which we are aware to look for your ancestors’ names. We can only suggest you do regular genealogical research through the libraries and Federal Census records. Good luck on your quest.

To tribal members descended from ancestors on our 1906 Roll, if you have not yet enrolled, follow the “How to Enroll” procedures above. You will need birth or death certificates that link you with your ancestor on the 1906 Delaware Roll.