Family & Children Services
The Department of Family & Children Services has two programs: Child Support Services and Indian Child Welfare
Seeking to obtain or enforce child support court orders?
Please call or come by today!
Phone: 620-879-2109 ext 1
Location: 601 High Street
Caney, KS 67333
- To ensure both parents provide continuous financial support of our Delaware and Native American children.
- Reduce poverty levels among our Delaware children and all Native American families while promoting our tribal culture & exercising our tribal sovereignty.
- Promote functional co-parenting relationships that provide the financial, physical, and emotional support of both parents to increase stable and self-sufficient families.
Just a few of the benefits when using a Tribal Child Support Agency:
- **Paternity establishment ensures inheritance rights of children and accurate Tribal enrollment
- **Tribal Court Jurisdiction allows more authority and flexibility in how cases are handled
- **Knowing your case will be handled with cultural sensitivity
Services we provide:
- **FREE APPLICATIONS FOR CHILD SUPPORT SERVICES
- **DILIGENT EFFORTS TO LOCATE NONCUSTODIAL PARENTS USING FEDERAL AND STATE SOFTWARE
- **ESTABLISH PATERNITY WHEN NEEDED
- **ESTABLISH & ENFORCE CHILD SUPPORT ORDERS
- **MODIFY CHILD SUPPORT ORDERS WHEN NEEDED
- **CHILD SUPPORT COLLECTION & DISBURSEMENT
Services not provided:
- **Legal advice
- **Visitation & custody issues
- **Consultation with or representation by an attorney
- ** TANF
Although we do not provide other social services, we can provide referrals and information for other services that may be beneficial to your family needs.
- Director – Curtis Zunigha (email@example.com)
- Case Specialist – Arleata Snell (firstname.lastname@example.org)
INDIAN CHILD WELFARE
DO YOU KNOW OF A SITUATION WHERE INDIAN CHILDREN ARE EXPERIENCING NEGLECT OR ABUSE IN THE HOME, BY ANY FAMILY MEMBER, OTHER RESIDENT OR OCCUPANT?
The ICW program provides assistance to children who are being displaced from their home, are experiencing abuse and neglect in the home, or are being deprived of essential living conditions. The goal is to keep families together and in a safe & stable home. In the case of children needing to be placed into foster homes or adoption, the goal is to keep siblings together and placed in Indian homes. Program funds can provide limited assistance in crisis situations. This program is NOT intended to provide poverty assistance grants; however there are circumstances in which severe poverty could lead to the potential neglect of children. Program services also include establishing eligibility for enrollment in tribal membership. All applicants will need to undergo an intake assessment.
ICW is funded by both federal and state grants. We work closely with tribal and state authorities to protect our Indian children. All information is strictly confidential according to federal laws.
For more information on the Indian Child Welfare program or to obtain ICW services, please call phone number (620) 879-2189, ext 6 or email: email@example.com.